Could It Be This Simple? A Biblical Model for Healing the Mind, published by Lennox Publishing, an imprint of Come And Reason Ministries, is a breakthrough in understanding the mind which provides real answers for regular people. It describes in simple language how our mental faculties are designed to work, what happens when they don’t and provides straightforward methods for reestablishing the mind in a healthy balance.
If you do not want to buy a case of books, just a SINGLE or MULTIPLE books, then click one of the stores below:
The concepts described in this book have been successfully utilized in thousands of patients who have experienced more than just improvement in mood, but also recovery of their God-given dignity, autonomy and self-control. This book empowers readers to harness their mental powers to become thinkers, capable of discerning the healthy from the unhealthy, the right from the wrong, and to direct their lives into ever healthier levels of functioning. Within this book you will find:
- An easy to understand model of the mind that will be a tool you can use to help find balance and make healthier decisions; Insight into the destructive factors which intrude into the mind;
- Powerful principles that govern relationships and methods to enable you to harness these principles to bring healing to your relationships;
- What true love really is and how to identify its counterfeits;
- Understanding of the seven myths of forgiveness and the insight necessary to bring healing;
- The truth about faith, the reality that genuine faith is rational, reasonable and strengthened by evidence; Christian practices that damage the mind and ways to avoid them; and
- How to apply God’s principles to your life and experience healing here and now.
This book is not designed to tell people what to think, but to teach people how to restore balance to their minds so that each person can think effectively for themself. Most importantly this book will help readers experience a closer friendship with God, empowering them to be a more effective agent for good in this world. If you do know someone in crisis, someone hurting and struggling to find answers, answers that bring real healing, please consider this book as one option to offer them. Thank you, Timothy R. Jennings, M.D.
- I want to thank you for all the work you put into developing your book. So far, I've bought nearly 40 copies, some to give to our pastor and local elders, others to friends and relatives. Others to make available to Church members on a p.r.n. basis. It is one fantastic book. One has gone to an inmate that is headed to the California Correctional System (read "State Prison") who came to me in the Yuba County Jail for dental care. Now the Deputy in charge of the jail library wants two copies for the inmates to have for them to read.
It is an awesome realization of what Sin has done to damage the mind and the way we make decisions. I say this even in the realization of how those who do not appear to be functionally impaired are perhaps equally impaired as those who make serious mistakes and end up in jail or prison for their errant and short-sighted decisions. Selfishness is so rampant that we cannot begin to realize that many if not most of our decisions are based in selfishness and what we can expect to get out of a given decision for our own benefit.
I am thankful to God for the skills and talents He has entrusted to your care and stewardship. May God continue to bless you in your ministry for Him.
Gerald M. Reynolds
- I'm a 40 year old mother and came from a very dysfunctional home. I've tried everything to be happy - from praying to evangelizing but still there was always something missing. I've watched Dr. Jennings on 3ABN and immediately went to this website. There I listened to the sermon on restoring the mind. My computer is a little bit slow so it took me 2 - 3 hours to listen to that, but I've found it!!!!! I have found it!!!!!!! Found what? The key to live a healthy happy life!!! I can't express my gratitude enough. May God richly bless your ministry. You have changed my life!!!!!!!! Rene’, South Africa
- I loved Dr. Jennings' program on 3ABN and have borrowed a copy from a friend to read. It's wonderful, and I'm ordering copies for myself and my two grown children. Barbara, Illinois
- I just recently have experienced divorce and have just finished reading Could It Be This Simple. It blew me away... I have, after 40 years of marriage (Same Lovely Woman), come to realize that I was the cause of a Dependency relationship as described by Dr. Jennings in Chapter 8. Thank you and God bless. Annonymous
- I love your website and your six-part series on a Biblical model for healing the mind. This is something I wish I would have learned 50 years ago. Thank you for your work. Debbie
- I am almost finished with my second reading of could it be this simple. I have no doubt that our Great God and Saviour led me to this book so that I can have a deeper relationship with Him. I have learned so much from such a small book, and now praise God I can sing with such joy "Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take him at his word." If you can please tell Dr. Jennings that Mitch says thank you.
- I feel that every one of our leaders in our small church should have a copy of this book. Thank you. Mitch Terry
- Pastor and I were both talking about the book at church and now more people want copies. I guess I should have ordered 10 last time instead of 5. My Pastor is reading it and loves it and also the Head Elder. As they talk about it, more people want to read it. This book is impressing everyone who reads it. We all are being blessed. Carol
- The book is fabulous. Just finished reading it and now I am ordering books to share with my friends. It is a must read for every serious Christian who is preparing for our Lord's return. Thank you, Dr. Jennings!
- I enjoyed your interview at 3ABN with C.A. Murray. Thank you for the helpful information. I believe that you have answered/resolved the problem of why it appears so hard to reflect fully the character of Jesus in our lives. Lydia
- Dr. Tim's interview with C.A. Murray on 3ABN was excellent. I probably would have enjoyed Psych class in nursing if it was presented like that rather than ignoring it. Would really encourage him to do a series of segments for 3ABN. He has too much practical Biblical knowledge to just keep it in his office! Thank you Dr. Tim. Audrey
- I praise God that He has led you into what you're doing. You have no idea how badly we need someone to help us, in and out the church to study the mind according to God's Word. My daughters and I have needed someone like you for thirty years and more. My husband has made my children and I very sick with stress related illnesses. Betty , Kentucky
- Dear Dr. Jennings: I have just finished reading Could It Be This Simple? I found it to be one of the most life-changing books I have ever read. God has gifted you with the ability to write clearly with wonderful illustrations and lay out in simple terms the truth about our relationship with God. I just ordered 3 more copies. I feel like I want to give the book to everyone I know because the message in it is so important for us to understand. God bless, Janet, South Dakota